Deadline: January 8, 2018
3M is seeking a Sales Representative for its Food Safety Division team located in British Columbia. The successful candidate will make an impact by developing the West and Central Canada markets, acquiring new and growing existing customers with the 3M Food Safety solutions portfolio.
The food processing industry is stable and growing. Canada has been recognized over many years by having one of the strongest food safety and quality systems in the world. Canadians are aware and sensitive about the quality and safety of their food and there is increased regulation that will continue to drive demand for food safety solutions in the market.
3M has award winning technology and is recognized as a leader in the food safety market.
- Territory management and prospecting
- Use account penetration analysis from sales analytics to identify leads
- Attend relevant tradeshows to meet customers, associations, universities
- Opportunity Management (identifies and prioritizes high impact activities including product demos / evaluations, provide samples, etc.)
- Communicates with the team: Business /Sales Manager, key account manager, field and inside sales reps in other territories, Marketing and Professional Services
- Account Management (grows and maintains good relationships with accounts in the territory)
- Conduct account reviews
- University degree in Science
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- 5 years of sales experience in a customer-facing role
- Degree in Microbiology, Food Safety or Food Science
Travel: In this role, you will be required to travel approximately 30% of the time, which may involve overnight stays and will include trips to Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. A valid driver’s license is required.
Relocation: Not offered
3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M_Canada or @3MNewsroom.3M Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.